With over 90 years of experience, we understand what makes Auckland and Northland so unique. From our white sandy beaches, to our wild west coast and the hustle and bustle of the CBD, we know our communities inside and out, and we love them.
Who we are
- Family owned and run – still run by the Barfoot and Thompson families
- Over 90 years experience
- Auckland and Northland specialists
- New Zealand’s largest privately owned real estate company
- A team of over 1,700 residential and commercial salespeople
- Supporters of our local community
What we do
- Every day, 1 in 3 Auckland homes are sold by us
- Experts in all real estate services – residential, commercial, rural and lifestyle
- Professional property management services
- Dedicated Body Corporate team
- Our Projects team provides specialised services and marketing for project developments
What makes us different
In 1923, a young Englishman by the name of Val Barfoot walked into a tiny, run-down shop in Newmarket. That shop became our first branch, purchased for just £75.
From watching the Auckland Harbour Bridge open in 1959, to launching the first fully interactive industry real estate website in New Zealand in 2001, we’ve been part of the Auckland scene for nearly 100 years.
We now have over 65 branches and 1700+ salespeople across Auckland and Northland. But we’re still run by the same Barfoot and Thompson families, and we’re still breaking new ground when it comes to real estate.